As Spring approaches, warmer weather means that most people are itching to start their Spring cleaning. While you undertake this endeavor, don’t forget to include your financial house as well! Your financial well-being is very important to your present as well as your future. At Day Air Credit Union, we are here to help you every step of the way.
Here are some tips on getting your financial house in order:
- Check your credit. Your credit plays an important role in your life. It can be a deciding factor in what type of loans you qualify for as well as how much you pay in interest on a loan. You can get a free credit report on annualcreditreport.com from each of the credit bureaus. Look over everything to make sure there are no discrepancies. Day Air offers a free credit score enhancement for all of our members to ensure they are doing everything they can to maximize their credit rating.
- Check your taxes. Have you already finished your taxes this year? Now is a great time to meet with your tax advisor to ensure you are taking advantage of all the tax advantages you can. It’s early enough to be able to make necessary changes to your tax plan as necessary.
- Meet with your financial planner. It’s a perfect time meet with your financial planner to go over your retirement portfolio ensuring everything is in order. If you don’t have a financial planner, we can help! We have financial planners on staff to help you invest in your future. Your future starts now! Don’t delay getting the help you need to meet your long-term financial goals.
- Check your interest rates. Take a look at the interest rates you currently pay on everything! Cars, house, credit cards, etc. Day Air may be able to refinance your current loans at a lower rate. You can invest that savings towards your financial future! We have low rates on all of our loans so make sure you let us know how we can help you save money.
- Check your insurance. When was the last time you checked to make sure you are getting the lowest insurance rates? Day Air offers home, auto, business, renters insurance and much more! Give us a call today and see how much money we can save you.
- Re-evaluate your checking and savings accounts. Go over all of your current checking and savings accounts and see how much interest you are earning. Do you have accounts at other institutions you may have forgotten about? If you haven’t looked at them in awhile, chances are you could switch them into another savings product yielding a higher interest. We have a rewards Kasasa checking where you can earn rewards or amazing interest rates.
Financial Spring cleaning is just one way to ensure you are doing everything you can to optimize your savings and building a strong financial future and Day Air is here to help you every step of the way.