The last Monday in May has been designated as a day that we pay homage to the service men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country’s freedom. Remember, it is NOT National BBQ Day! If you can’t think of ways to celebrate then you are in luck to live in a city with such a rich military history! The American Veterans Heritage has taken guess work out of honoring our fallen heroes by hosting the 14th Annual Patriot Freedom Festival on May 26th and 27th from 11 am – 6 pm at the historic Dayton VA Medical Center. The festival has free parking, free admission and free entertainment for all who attend.
Free Historic Bus Tours of the Historical VA Grounds:
- Saturday & Sunday – 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm, and 5:00 pm.
Saturday Special Events:
- 11:00 am: Event Opening Ceremony: Remembering the Great Civil War – WWI (Home Chapel)
- 12:00 pm: Buck Braun Memorial Tree Dedication (The Grotto)
- 1:00 pm: Speaking of History Series
- 5:30 pm: Grotto Gardens Ice Cream Social
- 6:00 pm: Grotto Gardens Veterans Interfaith Memorial Service
Sunday Special Events:
- 1:00 pm: Memorial Bricks Walk of Honor (Flagpole at Kentucky Street)
Main Stage Music Entertainment Schedule:
- 11:00 am: Courtney Wise
- 11:55 am: Switch 2
- 1:20 pm: Jason Ligier
- 2:20 pm: Still Standing
- 3:45 pm: Margaret and the Magnets
- 11:00 am: Jenna Lynne Show
- 11:45 am: Still First in Space
- 12:50 pm: Blue August
- 2:05 pm: Eric Loy
- 3:00 pm: Rock Island Plow Co.
- 4:15 pm: ROJA
- 4:50 pm: Jacob Shane & Co.
For more information on the upcoming events to celebrate Memorial Day you can visit http://www.americanveteransheritage.org/