Day Air Credit Union Offering Borrower Assistance Programs and Services Amid Coronavirus Public Health Situation
Kettering, Ohio, March 23, 2020 – Day Air Credit Union is providing borrower assistance programs and services to members facing hardship as a result of the economic disruptions caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Day Air is offering a special Here to Help Loan, temporarily waiving certain fees, suspending foreclosures and auto repossessions, and offering to creatively work with members in a variety of other ways to help reduce financial hardships in this unprecedented time. Day Air has also worked with local community leaders in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and remain open by drive-thru, ATM, and appointment only at its Kettering, Beavercreek, Centerville, and York Commons locations.
“Experts are repeatedly stating that the most effective way to mitigate this pandemic is to practice social distancing,” said Bill Burke, Day Air president and CEO, in a statement. “Through these actions, Day Air wil protect the health and safety of our associates and members while still providing essential services to help reduce the financial hardships being experienced in our communities.”
Day Air is offering borrower assistance programs and services until further notice, which include:
• A special Here to Help loan featuring no interest for the first 30 days
• Removing fees on all eligible Day Air skip-a-pay loans
• Allowing members to skip up to three loan payments on eligible loans
• Offering 90 days no payment on refinanced consumer loans held elsewhere
• No payments for 90 days on the cash out of qualifying existing Day Air loans
• Providing customized mortgage, home equity, and business loan relief as needed
• Suspending new foreclosures and vehicle repossessions
• Waiving excess foreign ATM fees
• Waiving late fees on loans upon request
• Automatically increasing consumer credit card limits by $1000 for qualifying members
• Requiring no minimum payment for consumer and business credit cards in April for qualifying members
Day Air members continue to have complete access to their accounts via phone, text, Day Air online banking and the Day Air App. Day Air has realigned associates to handle the increased traffic coming in via telephone and digital banking channels.
“Day Air is and will remain extremely well capitalized by industry standards,” said Burke. “At a time when there is so much uncertainty, members can rest assured in the strength and stability of Day Air, and our ability to assist members in whatever way necessary.”
For the latest information on how Day Air is supporting associates, members and the community through the COVID-19 situation, please visit dayair.org/covid
About Day Air Credit Union
Established in 1945, proudly serves businesses and residents of the Miami Valley in southwest Ohio. With over $430 million in assets and more than 45,000 members, Day Air is a not-for-profit, full-service financial cooperative. Credit Union members have access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs, and more than 5,900 shared branches nationwide. Membership is open to people living, working, worshiping, or attending school in the Miami Valley. Visit dayair.org for more information.